Adani Renewables Australia’s Rugby Run Solar Farm has started feeding electricity into the grid seven months after construction was completed. The 65 MW project provides an example of how grid connection issues are hindering new generation capacity from joining the electricity supply system.
The plant located near Moranbah, central Queensland, is expected to ramp up to full operation in the months ahead and deliver 185,000MWh of electricity annually. The project features 247,000 solar panels and represents the first phase of the Rugby Run solar project, which has the capacity to expand to 170 MW.
The Indian mining giant’s renewables arm will be selling 80% of the project’s output under a power purchase agreement to an Australian electricity retailer. The remaining 20% will be sold on the spot market. Read More
Latest posts by Pv-magazine.com (see all)
- AC Energy, UPC Solar set up new Asia-Pacific joint venture - October 16, 2019
- Indian Railways tenders 32.56 MWp rooftop solar - October 10, 2019
- Vikram Solar commissions 164 kWp rooftop solar plant at Belur Math - September 27, 2019