In a setback for the ‘Make in India’ initiative of Indian Railways (IR) and Alstom’s plans in the country, the French major’s electric locomotive has failed to clear a trial conducted by the Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO). On April 10 last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had flagged off the new locomotives from Alstom India’s Madhepura facility in Bihar.
The facility is officially a joint venture, with the company having 74 per cent of the equity and IR the other 26 per cent. According to an official source, during trial Read More
Latest posts by Business-Standard.com (see all)
- Essar Power, GMR receive govt notice to revoke bank guarantees - April 19, 2019
- Coal India sets production target of 655 mt; 3-fold rise from last fiscal - April 19, 2019
- Adani Power withdraws offer to acquire KSK Mahanadi project in Chhattisgarh - April 19, 2019