The four-day Ambubachi Mela is all set to begin starting Saturday and the rush at the Guwahati and Kamakhya stations is expected to be quite heavy. Northeast Frontier Railway will have to bear the load of trasnporting the public to and from the site. The Railways has revealed that it has taken up various measures for the smooth handling of passengers expected there including setting up a 24-hour control room.
What Railways has done:
1. Railways has opened specific desks at Kamakhya station to provide information to pilgrims, and announcements are made in local languages frequently about trains to various directions along with facilities available for the passengers.
2. NF Railway has also deployed adequate security staff at platforms, foot over bridges, entry gates, level crossing gates and nearby railway tracks to streamline the rush of pilgrims for proper crowd monitoring. Read More
Latest posts by zeebiz (see all)
- Pradhan seeks independent Indian Railways trains connecting Kalahandi with Odisha capital - July 19, 2019
- How to become an IRCTC agent: Earn money, check this 6-step guide to turn yourself into a Rail Travel Service Agent - July 19, 2019
- Cabinet likely to approve new power tariff policy - July 19, 2019