The New Development Bank (NDB) said last week it approved a USD-300-million (EUR 270.7m) loan to India’s REC Ltd (NSE:RECLTD), a public infrastructure financier, to support the Indian government’s investment in the renewable energy sector.
A total of 32 auctions for renewable energy were held in the Asia-Pacific region in the first half of 2019, with India accounting for the majority, GlobalData calculates. The total number of renewables auctions was significantly higher than in the year-ago period when just one auction was issued.
A recent tender for up to 1,800 MW of inter-state transmission system (ISTS)-connected wind power projects in India has attracted just 551 MW of proposals, thus becoming one of a series of undersubscribed tenders in the country, Mercom Capital reports.
A tender for 2,000 MW of grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) capacity in India has ended up with bids totalling only 1,068 MW, Mercom Capital reports.
The Solar Energy Corporation of India’s (SECI’s) 1.2 GW hybrid solar-wind tender has ended up undersubscribed, with the lowest bid standing at INR 2.69 (USD 0.039/EUR 0.034) per kWh, Mercom Capital reports.
The deadline for bidding in a 3-GW solar tender linked with 1.5 GW of annual manufacturing capacity in India has been extended once again — to May 31, 2019.
Renewables accounted for 9.2% of India’s total power generation in fiscal 2018/19, shows data by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA). Non-renewable sources, meanwhile, were responsible for the remaining 90.8%,
Indian wind turbine manufacturer Suzlon Energy Ltd (BOM:532667) on Tuesday announced it has agreed to sell two additional solar project subsidiaries for a total of INR 298 million (USD 4.3m/EUR 3.8m).
Large hydropower plants (HPPs) will become part of the non-solar Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) in India as the government wants to support the expansion of hydropower generation in the country.
A The 1.2-GW solar tender of the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) has resulted in bids as low as INR 2.55 (USD 0.036/EUR 0.032) per kWh, Mercom Capital reports.