The second phase of BharatNet project with an outlay of Rs 31,000 crore got off the block on Monday. Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha, along with Law and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar and Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi announced commencement of the phase. Reliance Jio paid the highest advance subscription fee of Rs 13 crore. But, what this BharatNet Project is all about?
Here is everything you need to know about the BharatNet project and how Narendra Modi government expedited its rollout:-
– BharatNet project has the mandate to provide high-speed broadband to all panchayats by March 2019
– Under BharatNet project, Modi government aims to connect 1.5 lakh panchayats through 10 lakh kilometres of additional optical fibre and give bandwidth to telecom players at nearly 75 per cent cheaper price for broadband and wifi services in rural areas. Read More…
Latest posts by The Financial Express (see all)
- A Power Plant In Sweden Is Burning H&M Clothes Instead Of Coal; Here Is Why – November 24, 2017
- Modi Government Clears Rs 1 Lakh Cr Projects In Tamil Nadu; From Chennai-Bengaluru Express Highway To Slashing Accidents, See Benefits – November 24, 2017
- Delhi Transport Corporation May Install GPS Bus Fleet; See How You Can Benefit – November 24, 2017