Delhi Metro Red Line: Great news for Delhi Metro commuters! The Delhi Metro Red Line which consists of the first ever stretch to be constructed and commissioned in Delhi, is going to be redeveloped in phases. Delhi Metro Red Line’s all 21 stations between Rithala-Dilshad Garden will be renovated and the redevelopment will be carried out by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) in multiple phases.
According to a DMRC spokesperson who spoke to Financial Express Online, the tenders have been finalised for three metro stations on the Delhi Metro Red Line so far, namely Dilshad Garden, Jhilmil and Mansarovar Park stations. The tendering for the rest of the metro stations is in process.
According to DMRC, the scope of the redevelopment activities primarily includes the following:
- The exterior facade renovation at the station which includes colour theme, installing aluminium louvers, structural glazing etc.
- The granite flooring replacing the existing terrazzo flooring at concourse and the ground floors of the selected metro stations. Read More
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- Now, Indian Railways passengers can book tickets for Kashi Vishwanath Temple at Varanasi station - December 12, 2019
- Price control: The gas on gas price deregulation - December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco pulls down India’s rank in market cap league table - December 12, 2019