Delhi Metro Red Line: Great news for Delhi Metro commuters! The Delhi Metro Red Line which consists of the first ever stretch to be constructed and commissioned in Delhi, is going to be redeveloped in phases. Delhi Metro Red Line’s all 21 stations between Rithala-Dilshad Garden will be renovated and the redevelopment will be carried out by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) in multiple phases.
According to a DMRC spokesperson who spoke to Financial Express Online, the tenders have been finalised for three metro stations on the Delhi Metro Red Line so far, namely Dilshad Garden, Jhilmil and Mansarovar Park stations. The tendering for the rest of the metro stations is in process.
According to DMRC, the scope of the redevelopment activities primarily includes the following:
- The exterior facade renovation at the station which includes colour theme, installing aluminium louvers, structural glazing etc.
- The granite flooring replacing the existing terrazzo flooring at concourse and the ground floors of the selected metro stations. Read More
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- More Vande Bharat Express trains soon! Indian Railways readies new tender guidelines for semi-high speed train - August 16, 2019
- First-of-its-kind step! Seismic sensors, thermal cameras to check Indian Railways’ train-elephant collisions - August 14, 2019
- Howrah-Anand Vihar bi-weekly Express gets swanky! Passengers can enjoy better train rides with new LHB rake - August 14, 2019