- A mixture of gases produced by the breakdown of organic substances in the absence of oxygen is ‘biogas’.
- It is produced from raw materials like animal and plant waste and principally consists of methane.
- It is non-toxic, colorless and flammable and can be used as fuel, for generating electricity, and in cooking.
- It is a renewable energy source and usually exerts a small carbon-footprint. Read more…..
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- State Of The State Conclave: Indian Coal Sector Handicapped By A ‘scam’ Worth Rs 25 Lakh Crore, Says Piyush Goyal – June 25, 2017
- NCAER to bring out report on employment generation potential by railways – June 24, 2017
- Solar energy accounts for the largest employment in the power generation sector of US – June 24, 2017