The Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) has issued its fourth amendment to the deviation settlement regulations. These regulations will come into force from January 1, 2019.
The main objective for the changes in regulation is to maintain grid discipline and grid security provided under the Grid Code through the commercial mechanism for deviation settlement through withdrawal and injection of electricity by the users of the grid.
- Now, Area Clearing Price (ACP) will mean the price of a time block electricity contract established on the power exchange after considering all valid purchase and sale bids in areas after dividing the market across constrained transmission corridors.
- Clauses pertaining to Day Ahead Market (DAM) and time block have been included in the new regulations.
- The Deviation Settlement Mechanism (DSM) rate vector will have a dynamic slope determined by joining the identified price points at 50 Hz, (daily simple average ACP), frequency of 49.85 Hz ₹8 (~$0.11322) per unit) and 50.05 Hz (zero) daily. Read More
Latest posts by mercomindia.com (see all)
- Haryana Tenders 57 MW of Solar Projects to be Set Up at Three Locations - September 17, 2019
- Uttarakhand DISCOM Asked to Amend its Draft PPA for 200 MW of Solar Projects - September 17, 2019
- Rajasthan Proposes Purchase of Excess Power Generated by Solar Pumps at ₹3.44/kWh - September 16, 2019