A Delhi court on Monday adjourned the hearing in the coal block allocation matter till February 20.
The investigation agencies told the court that the new director hasn’t yet given the go ahead to probe the matter and hence the final report hasn’t been prepared.
The court gave two weeks more time to file a report in this regard.
The Supreme Court earlier on January 31 turned down an oral plea by former CBI director Ranjit Sinha to reconsider its order on probing his role over his private meetings with the accused in the coal block allocation scam on the basis of a visitor’s logbook.
A bench headed by Justice M. B. Lokur said the order had already been passed in the matter and that the investigators will look into everything.
The apex court had earlier constituted an SIT headed by the current CBI director to look into the allegations of Sinha scuttling the coal scam probes when he was the agency’s chief. Read More…