India’s first private semi-high speed train — Tejas Express— which started its commercial operations on Saturday was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. Passengers will now get to travel between Delhi to Lucknow comfortably and with world class luxury. With the new Delhi to Lucknow Tejas Express train, IRCTC has introduced several new features. To many, the new Tejas Express is a premium version of the Shatabdi Express category of air-conditioned chair-car trains.
The new IRCTC Tejas Express train has several new features.
1) Passengers onboard the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express are given biodegradable packaged drinking water bottles. This is the first time that IRCTC has taken such an eco-friendly measure by using degradable bottles.
2) Operated by IRCTC, Delhi to Lucknow Tejas Express is the first train to be operated by a private player. Read More
Latest posts by Livemint (see all)
- Building blocks will need to be put in place under PPP initiative - October 16, 2019
- Battling slowdown, India requests Opec to not exercise deeper production cut - October 15, 2019
- Indian Railways to become ‘net zero’ carbon emitter by 2030 - October 15, 2019