The Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government today presented its financial plan today. While presenting the budget in the Assembly, Delhi Finance Minister Manish Sisodia said, “Despite demonetisation and GST, Delhi’s economy is growing.” He added, He said, “For the first time anywhere in the country, a Green Budget is being presented.” Here are the highlights of the Delhi budget:
1. Rs 1,000 crore allocated for repairing small roads of the municipal corporations.
2. Rs 53,000-crore total budget presented. (budget in 2014-15 was Rs 30,940 crore and Rs 26,402 crore in 2011-12.)
3. A 26-point programme on air pollution across 4 departments has been included in budget – PM2.5 can be reduced by 503MT with the implementation of this programme.
4. 50% waiver on registration fee of factory-fitted CNG cars.
5. increased budget allocation for education at Rs.13,997 crore. This is 26% of the total budget from 23.5% in 2017-2018. Read More…