Awaiting clearance from the Delhi government, the high-speed Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS), will cut the travel time between Delhi and Meerut by around 60 minutes, reports the Times of India. Yes, that’s right, 82 km will be covered in just an hour. And what’s more, you will be travelling in an aerodynamic train that will cradle you in business-class luxury. Women will have a reserved coach.
The RRTS project has received the nod from the Uttar Pradesh government and is being executed by the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC). Here are some features of the train:
1. It will start at Delhi’s Sarai Kale Khan, and stop at Meerut’s Modipuram, going via Ashok Nagar, Anand Vihar, Ghaziabad and Modinagar, with 24 stations in between, with three in Delhi.
2. It will have a designated speed of 180 kmph, but the average speed is touted to be around 100 kmph. Read More
Latest posts by thebetterindia.com (see all)
- Power Bills, School Fees & Taxes: How Bharat Bill Payments System Will Benefit You - February 2, 2019
- Indian Railways: Avail Emergency Quota For Medical Trips & Get Deduction in Train Fare! - December 29, 2018
- From Bulbs to Grinders: How the Power of the Sun Transformed 12 Jharkhand Villages - November 20, 2018