Delhi Metro services on Independence Day 2019: Delhi Metro commuters take note! On the occasion of Independence Day on August 15, 2019, the Delhi Metro services will operate as usual across the entire network in the national capital region.
However, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will permit the entry and exit at four stations of Delhi Metro Violet Line namely, Lal Quila, Jama Masjid, Delhi Gate and ITO only from selected entry and exit gates during the Independence Day ceremony. Some gates will remain closed at these stations due to security considerations during the period. A DMRC spokesperson told Financial Express Online, the following changes will be observed in Delhi Metro services due to security arrangements as part of Independence Day 2019:
- Increased security: More CISF personnel will be deployed at several metro stations for conducting random security checks and ensuring the safety of passengers.
- Gates to remain closed at few stations: Selected entry and exit gates of Lal Quila, Jama Masjid, Delhi Gate and ITO metro stations will allow entry, while during the Independence Day ceremony, some gates of these stations will remain closed. Read more
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- Indian Railways sees a significant decline in train accidents! Here’s why it’s important - December 5, 2019
- Noida Metro Aqua Line extension to have 9 new stations connecting Gaur City, Noida Extension; details here - December 5, 2019
- Sembcorp buys remaining stake in Sembcorp Energy India for Rs 406 crore - December 5, 2019