It is good news for railway job aspirants and passengers as well! Indian Railways has decided to recruit one lakh people in the safety category (popularly known as sanraksha shreynee), according to a report published in Dainik Jagran’s local edition in UP’s Allahabad. The important part to note here is that these vacancies were on hold for a very long time. Reportedly, the Railways has given its nod for this big decision to ensure safety of passengers. The ministry feels that to put a brake on the wheels of train accidents, it requires manpower in addition to latest technology, equipment and tools.
Railway Board-Zonal GMs meeting details
Several key decisions were taken in the meeting between zonal general managers and the entire board members on Sunday. The important meet was held via video conferencing. According to the report, the biggest decision taken in the meeting is of recruitment of 1 lakh people in safety category.
The board took many game changer kind of decisions in order to implement what Railway minister Piyush Goyal ordered in the past for the betterment of the Indian Railways and to ensure the safety of passengers. Noteworthy, Railways minister Piyush Goyal adopted positive approach right after the first marathon meeting he held with members of the railway board.
– The junior and senior section engineers will be recruited in the safety category.
– Moreover, assistant station master and guards will also be recruited in Railways.
– Fifty per cent posts in Group C will be filled by means of Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).
– Also, 50 per cent vacant posts of Group D will be filled through RRB and the rest half will be filled through Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC). Read more
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- Soon, “most powerful” WDG-6G diesel locomotive from GE to debut on Indian Railways tracks - June 20, 2019
- Pay more for IRCTC train tickets! Indian Railways to encourage passengers to give up fare subsidy - June 20, 2019
- Noida Metro Aqua Line goes innovative! Movie shootings, food courts, shopping franchises at stations soon - June 20, 2019