ISRO-enabled GPS system helps Indian Railways improve efficiency! Indian Railways’ Real-time Train Information System (RTIS) project is being executed by the Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
The CRIS is an Information Technology arm of the Railway Ministry. The RTIS devices are primarily used for the acquisition of train movement data, including that of train arrival, train departure, run-through timings at the railway stations en route. The RTIS devices are installed in locomotives, and the trains hauled by such locomotives are monitored through this system. Recently, Piyush Goyal in a reply to a query in Lok Sabha shared the zone-wise details of the installation of RTIS device in the locomotives of passenger and goods trains till 20 November 2019. Here is the list:
- Central Railway has 103 passenger locomotives and 217 goods locomotives
- East Coast Railway has 53 passenger locomotives and 140 goods locomotives Read More
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- Indian Railways New Year gift to Mumbaikars! Soon, Central Railway to introduce new AC local train; details - December 9, 2019
- Commendable! Noida Metro Aqua Line wins IGBC MRTS Platinum Rating for green metro system; details here - December 9, 2019
- Big accomplishment! Indian Railways Rail Wheel Factory surpasses last year’s production in just 9 months - December 9, 2019