Asian Age quoted a top official as saying that after the cancellation of coal mines auction twice, the government is exploring certain relaxations for bidders and plans to put on sale 19 blocks in the current quarter. The government had last year annulled the fifth round of auction on account of poor response from bidders.
Mr Susheel Kumar Coal Secretary told PTI that “Yes we are wanting to do the next round of coal block auction. This is probably the right time.” Mr Kumar added that “So in this quarter, it (coal block auction) should happen.”
He said that of the 19 blocks to go under the hammer, 6 have been identified for the steel sector while the remaining 13 mines are for non-regulated sectors like cement, sponge iron and captive power. Read More
Latest posts by Steel Guru (see all)
- ArcelorMittal investing to improve efficiency of Florange site - November 23, 2018
- India’s 84 railway projects worth INR 990 billion on cards to boost coal traffic - October 12, 2018
- NHAI to take up Dwarka Expressway Gurgaon’s section in November 2018 - October 9, 2018