The Indian Railways offers the facility of concessions on train ticket bookings for students, senior citizens, patients, handicapped, widows of defence personnel, sportsmen, unemployed youths, etc.
According to Indian Railways, all the concessional ticket fares are calculated on the basis of the fares of Mail/Express trains. The person is not eligible for concessions if the cost of fare has been borne by government (Central/State), local authority, corporation or public sector undertaking or university. However, the students participating in the tournaments held or recognized by the schools or universities will be eligible for the concession.
Indian Railways train ticket concession rules 2019
- Concession is only applicable on basic fares, no concession will be provided on reservation charges, superfast charges, etc, while, the concession is admissible on catering charges of Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi trains.
- Concession is applicable on journeys with a minimum distance of 300 km. The distance restriction is waived off for students, patients, war widows, national awardees, senior citizens, allopathic doctors, parents accompanying national awardees, sportsperson, unemployed youths going for job interviews. Read More
Latest posts by Times Now News (see all)
- Aqua Line metro corridor to be extended from Noida Sector-71 to Knowledge Park 5: Report - November 21, 2019
- Should discoms be privatized? - November 19, 2019
- Bombay High Court raps railways over security of women passengers - November 16, 2019