Indian Railways offer concessions on ticket prices to different categories. The quantum of these concession ranges from 25 per cent to 100 per cent. These reductions in fares are available for senior citizens, disabled passengers, students, war widows, patients, among others.
However, IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation), the online ticketing platform of Indian Railways offers concession on senior citizen tickets only. Other concession tickets can be availed at the Passenger Reservation System (PRS) counters at any Indian Railways reservation office, as mentioned on Indian Railways portal- indianrail.gov.in.
Here are general rules for availing Indian Railways concession:
1. All concessional fares are calculated on the basis of fares for mail/express trains irrespective of the type of train, i.e. mail or express or passenger, by which the passenger travels.
2. Concessions are admissible only in respect of basic fares. No concession is admissible in respect of other charges, which may include superfast surcharge, reservation fee, etc.
3. Only one type of concession is admissible at a time at the choice of passenger and no person is allowed two or more concessions simultaneously, mentioned Indian Railways. Read More
Latest posts by NDTV (see all)
- How To Find Out Today’s Petrol, Diesel Prices Through SMS - September 18, 2019
- Petrol, Diesel Prices Hiked For Second Straight Day. Check Latest Rates Here - September 18, 2019
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train Fare To Be Rs. 3,000, Says Official - September 13, 2019