A Joint Declaration of Intent was signed between Ministry of Railways and Germany on 10th October,2017 in Rail Bhavan in the presence of Shri Ashwani Lohani, Chairman, Railway Board regarding carrying out of feasibility study on existing Chennai-Kazipet corridor of Indian Railways by German Railways for increasing the speed of passenger trains to 200 kmph on 50.50 percent cost sharing basis.
The current Joint Declaration of Intent is intended to deepen the cooperation, more specifically towards the achievement in the priority area of Semi High Speed Rail: the upgrading of current passenger services to SHS (Semi High Speed) upto 200 kmph on the Chennai-Kazipet corridor (643 km).
The Project is envisaged to consist of three phases to be carried out over a 22 month period with the objectives to provide :
● Phase 1: Definition of three demand-based Upgrade scenarios for the corridor
● Phase 2: Selection of the preferred Upgrade scenario for SHS on the corridor, based on analysis of respective operations and economic-financial impact.
● Phase 3: For preferred scenario, Reference design and technical Tender document. Read More…
Latest posts by newkerala.com (see all)
- Schneider Electric Introduces Digital Architecture For Power Distribution Utilities - December 16, 2017
- Dharmendra Pradhan Writes To Odisha CM For Assistance For 2G Ethanol Plant In Bargarh - December 2, 2017
- Dharmendra Pradhan, C’garh CM Inaugurates Odisha’s Biggest Automated Oil Terminal - November 29, 2017