Indian Railways goes whole hog on ‘Make in India’! Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to launch at least three new Indian Railways ‘Make in India’ projects in the coming weeks. Ahead of this massive launch, the different zonal railway networks have also been asked to prepare their major achievements within a month so that the projects can be presented in a systematic manner, reported PTI.
From flagging off the all-new engine-less Vande Bharat Express to Indian Railways’ first diesel locomotive converted to electric, here are the three big projects which will be launched under PM Modi’s ‘Make in India’ initiative soon:
1. Vande Bharat Express or Train 18
- PM Modi will flag off the much awaited Train 18 or Vande Bharat Express on February 15 from the New Delhi Railway Station. The train was manufactured in just 18 months by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- The Vande Bharat Express is India’s first engine-less train and will travel from Delhi to Varanasi in its first run.
It is the country’s fastest self-propelled train at a speed of 180 kmph and is expected to replace the Shatabdi Express trains on the Indian Railways network.
- The Vande Bharat Express will consist of 16 coaches with Chair Car type configuration, having 14 Chair Car coaches and 2 Executive Class Chair Car coaches.
- The train provided with ‘State of the Art’ passenger amenities such as on-board wifi entertainment, GPS based passenger information system, CCTV cameras, bio-vacuum toilets, rotating chairs in executive class etc. Read More
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- Road developers now keen to bid for viable BOT projects - August 24, 2019
- UPPCL banned from buying power from exchanges on alleged lapses - August 24, 2019
- Government mulling new scheme to resolve stressed power assets - August 24, 2019