Union railway minister Suresh Prabhu on Thursday announced an integrated mobile application for passengers. In a ‘mini railway budget’ presented at the National Rail Museum, Prabhu released the transporters business plan for the year.
During the event, he showed the business plan for Railways which contained information on initiatives regarding the transformation of ticketing business and new products. Prabhu also divulged plans on how online ticketing system will be made Aadhaar based, thereby ending many issues rising through impersonators and frauds. He also said that Railways in moving towards a cashless system, by installing thousands of Point-of-Sale as well as automatic vending machines.
Notably, Prabhu also announced that Railways will launch an integrated ticketing application for smartphones with and aim to promote cashless transactions. Here’s all you need to know about the new travelling app.
1. The Railways will unveil the integrated mobile application for all travel-related services, including ticketing, hiring taxis and porters.
2. While there are many mobile applications which help consumers to book tickets, taxis, e-catering and other such services, the integrated app will be covering almost all of them at one place.
3. The app is part of the non-fare revenue scheme being undertaken by the Railways through scaling up of e-commerce activities to earn additional revenue. Read More…
Credit By: financialexpress.com
Latest posts by The Financial Express (see all)
- Bid submission date for 5,000 MW solar projects likely to be extended - May 15, 2018
- ‘At Least 40,000 Passengers Will Ride The Bullet Train By 2022’ - March 5, 2018
- India’s Crude Steel Production Grows By 6% In 2017 - February 7, 2018