Indian Railways installs e-toilets in train coaches! In a first of its kind initiative, the national transporter has installed e-toilets in train coaches on the occasion of the World Toilet Day.
To ensure hygiene, e-toilets integrate toilet functions electronically, resulting in simple to operate pressurized flushing. The e-toilets also incorporate several additional functions/system integrations and sensors. For quite some time, e-toilets have been in use in static locations, however, the concept has been tried for the first time in a mobile environment of a railway coach by LTT Depot, Mumbai Division, Central Railways.
At present, coach 3A of train number 11013 (LTT Coimbatore) is being monitored for the performance of e-toilet. Wondering how e-toilets function and what makes them different from the existing toilets in train coaches? Here are the highlights:
- The toilet pan gets automatically flushed on sensing of the opening of the toilet door, giving a clean hygienic toilet for each use.
- Just by pushing a button, an electronically-operated valve ensures easy flushing. Moreover, pressure nozzles integrated with the toilet pans ensures pressurized flushing. Read More
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- Oil prices climb amid fall in US stockpiles, Middle East worries - June 26, 2019
- The great Indian EV dream: Electrifying vision, sobering reality - June 26, 2019
- Oil ministry seeks Rs 33,000 crore extra for FY19 subsidy - June 26, 2019