Indian Railways sets big goals! The Narendra Modi government after coming to power for a second consecutive term had approved a “100 Days Action Plan” of the Ministry of Railways, chaired by Piyush Goyal.
Under the 100-day roadmap for the national transporter, several measures were taken by the Railway Ministry and with the implementation of these measures, significant achievements have been made within these 100 days. From registering new safety record to the introduction of more passenger-friendly services, take a look at all the major achievements made by Indian Railways in its 100 days action plan:
- Higher investment in Indian Railways: Highest ever capital expenditure of Rs 1,60,176 crore in 2019-20 budget estimates has been recorded.
- Best ever safety record: Indian Railways has registered best ever safety record with zero passenger fatalities during April-August 2019.
- Security First: In a bid to tackle the menace of terrorism and naxalism in Indian Railways, the first Railway Commando Battalion ‘CORAS’ has been launched. Read More
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- Tejas Express between Lucknow & Delhi a hit! IRCTC’s new ‘private train’ gets over 2,000 bookings in 2 days - September 23, 2019
- This is an IRCTC retiring room! New luxury facility opens at Ahmedabad Junction; check charges, facilities - September 23, 2019
- Proud achievement for Indian Railways! India among 7 nations that produce own train sets, says Piyush Goyal - September 23, 2019