Indian Railways has set rules for carrying luggage in the trains. There are certain rules for weight limit, which allows the passenger to carry luggage in the compartment without paying additional charges to govt.
The free allowance varies as per different classes of travel. While passengers can book and carry excess luggage other than free allowance limits in the compartment depending on the booking class. The luggage beyond the free allowed limit is chargeable at 1.5 times the applicable luggage rate, as per the Indian Railway website.
Here are the few details to know about luggage rules of Indian Railways, as per the railways website:
1. This is the table that shows the free allowance and paid allowance limits applicable to carry luggage in the compartment, according to indianrail.gov.in:
2. Each passenger is allowed a free allowance up to which he can carry luggage with him in the compartment, free of cost. The free allowance in the coaches shall vary as per the different classes of travel. Read More
Latest posts by zeebiz (see all)
- Tejas Express Lucknow-Delhi train to be flagged off by Yogi Adityanath - September 18, 2019
- Patna railway station gets swanky makeover, boasts biggest waiting hall by Indian Railways - September 17, 2019
- Worried by Indian Railways anti-plastic bags drive? Relief likely! This may well be new solution - September 16, 2019