Silambu Express rake upgradation under Project Utkrisht: Indian Railways has upgraded the existing rake of train number 16181/16182 Chennai-Sengottai Silambu Bi-weekly Express, which travels on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
The rake has been given a new makeover with apricot and red exterior painting along with swanky interiors under the first phase of Project Utkrisht. According to information shared by Indian Railways, the first run of the new Utkrisht rake was carried from Chennai Egmore railway station to Sengottai railway station at 8:40 AM on Wednesday, 13 February 2019.
Let us take a look at some salient features of the newly upgraded rake:
- The exterior of the coaches now has polyurethane painting
- The wash basins have hydrophobic coating
- The toilets have epoxy flooring
- Vinyl wrapped doorways and gang ways
- The coaches have LED lighting for better illumination along with BLDC fans. Read More
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- Shri Ramayana Express: IRCTC to start tour in November; see journey date, fare and other details - August 21, 2019
- Short supply of coal: Government clears methodology to compensate power firms - August 21, 2019
- IRCTC Delhi-Lucknow, Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express ‘private’ trains to have special flexible fare; details - August 21, 2019