Indian Railways to redevelop Baiyappanahalli station in Bengaluru into a world-class hub! Indian Railways is redeveloping its stations into world-class airport-standard hubs, and the latest on the list is Bengaluru’s Baiyappanahalli railway station.
The proposed Rs 250 crore project will be carried out by Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation (IRSDC). According to the IRSDC website, the Baiyappanahalli railway station development project will be carried out on real estate built-up area of 26,00,000 sq ft. Here are 10 things to know about Indian Railways redevelopment project of Baiyappanahalli railway station into a swanky airport-like travel hub:
1. According to details accessed by Financial Express Online, the swanky transformation of the station has been envisaged as a green landscape, above the train platforms.
2. The typology of elliptical shapes has been used as the design for the station building as well as for the two elliptical buildings on both sides of the station building.
3. To create a comfortable environment for passengers and station staff, the Baiyappanahalli railway station will be developed as a sustainable building, which will include natural ventilation, abundant light, green spaces, etc. Read More
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- Shortage of barges may impact Nepal cargo traffic on National Waterways-1 - September 21, 2019
- Beautiful! Indian Railways Bhubaneswar station to be redeveloped into swanky multi-modal transport hub - September 21, 2019
- Rajasthan proposes hefty cess for upcoming inter-state solar projects - September 21, 2019