The country’s largest fuel retailer has successfully rolled out daily price revision of Petrol and Diesel across the country through its network of 26,000-plus petrol pumps from 06.00 AM this morning.
Daily revision of Petrol and Diesel will set new standards of transparency, encourage automation drive of petrol pumps and better stock management practices. It is a win-to-all situation for consumers, industry as well as dealers.
Complimenting the Oil & Gas industry for this initiative, Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas (Independent Charge), tweeted, “Proud to share that India is the first country to switch to dynamic fuel pricing on such a large scale at one go.” After the complete transformation of the LPG sector, dynamic fuel pricing is the first major reform of recent times in Fuel Retailing Sector. With this historic step towards transparency and customer interest, the Indian Oil & Gas industry has joined the elite league of countries like USA and Australia wherein fuel prices are revised on a daily basis.
IndianOil is monitoring the daily price revision round-the-clock through 87 control rooms (at 70 Divisional Offices, 16 State Offices and one at its Marketing Head Office, Mumbai) to offer quick redressal of queries from the field. IndianOil has accomplished 100% Retail Sales Price (RSP) updation across its entire network of petrol pumps.
“The seamless implementation of Daily Pricing has been possible due to support from our dealers fraternity,” said Mr. BS Canth, Director (Marketing), IndianOil. Since last one month, IndianOil is regularly conducting awareness sessions with dealers on daily price revision.
The learnings from pilot implementation of daily price revision in five cities has also ensured closing of all the gaps in the existing system that ensured triumphant implementation of fuel price revision across the country.
For this yet another customer centric initiative, IndianOil has developed various information modes for the customers to check the price being charged by the petrol pumps.
1. Mobile app: Customers will be able to fetch daily updated prices of petrol and diesel at all cities through IndianOil’s mobile app Fuel@IOC.
2. SMS: Customers may cross-check the prices applicable in their cities by sending SMS RSP< SPACE >DEALER CODE to 92249-92249. The Dealer Code of each petrol pump has been prominently displayed in the petrol pump premises.
3. Webpage – www.iocl.com : Alternatively, customer can check the prices applicable in their cities by logging on to https://associates.indianoil.co.in/PumpLocator; the link is accessible through www.iocl.com.
4. Grievance redressal: In case of any discrepancy, customers can access IndianOil easily as all its petrol pumps prominently display the mobile numbers of Field Officers. Customers can also alternatively call IndianOil’s Customer Care at 1800-2333-555 to lodge grievance or can log in to www.iocl.com (under section – We’re Listening – on home page) to submit grievances, if any, about daily price revision.
Latest posts by Team EnergyInfraPost (see all)
- PM To Dedicate 60 MW Tuitial Hydroelectric Power Project In Mizoram To The Nation Tomorrow – December 15, 2017
- BHEL Bags Rs.7,300 Crore EPC Contract For 1,320 MW Supercritical Power Project In Tamil Nadu – December 15, 2017
- Essar Energy Disburses INR 891 Crore (Inr 76.41/share) To Erstwhile Public Shareholders Of Essar Oil As Additional Payout – December 12, 2017