Iran on Sunday announced that 32 people, including two Bangladeshis, who went missing after a ship and an oil tanker collided off at the East China coast last week, were presumed dead.
The tanker that had been burning for more than a week sank on Sunday, the Chinese Transportation Ministry said.
According to Iranian state media, only three bodies have been recovered so far.
“There is no hope of finding survivors among the members of the crew,” Mohammad Rastad, spokesman for the Iranian rescue team said.
“Despite our efforts, it has not been possible to extinguish the fire and recover the bodies due to repeated explosions and gas leaks,” he said. Read More…