For the benefit of passengers looking to travel on trains at short notice, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), the e-ticketing arm of Indian Railways provides the Tatkal booking facility. It can be availed on payment of premium charges on a first come first served basis.
Here are some major points to look before opting for Tatkal ticketing facility
- Travellers can book tickets online via IRCTC official website- irctc.co.in. Or go for offline mode by approaching nearest reservation counters.
- A maximum of four passengers per PNR (Passenger Name Record) can be booked on Tatkal tickets.
- Tatkal booking opens at 10 am for AC classes and 11 am for non-AC classes one day in advance of the actual date of journey. Read More
Latest posts by Odisha News Times (see all)
- Mega projects worth of Rs. 11000 crores to be unveiled at Paradip by Dharmendra Pradhan, Nitin Gadkari, Jual Oram on 6th Feb - February 4, 2019
- Dharmendra Writes To Odisha CM Over Land Allotment For Proposed LPG Bottling Plant In Khurda - December 29, 2018
- Dharmendra Writes To Naveen Over Land Allotment For Big Petro Projects In Odisha - December 13, 2018