IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) offers an online facility for booking Tatkal tickets. A Tatkal ticket is meant for passengers without a reserved accommodation and looking to travel at a short notice.
A Tatkal ticket booking is available on payment of premium charges on a first-come-first-served basis, according to IRCTC’s official website – irctc.co.in. Tatkal ticket bookings are allowed in all classes except First AC. Tatkal booking window opens at 10 am for AC classes and 11 am for non-AC classes, one before the actual date of journey.
For Tatkal tickets, certain charges are applicable in addition to normal ticket fare. The Tatkal ticket charges have been fixed as a percentage of fare at the rate of 10 per cent of basic fare for second class and 30 per cent of basic fare for all other classes.
Here are few Tatkal ticket booking tips one can use while booking a Tatkal ticket, to ensure best chances of getting a confirmation:
1. Create more than one credentials for logging on to IRCTC’s website/app.
2. Enter passenger details beforehand in order to save time.
3. For AC classes, passenger must try booking in second AC first as it gets filled less quickly than 3AC. Read More
Latest posts by NDTV (see all)
- Special Trains From West Bengal To Evacuate People Stranded In Kerala - August 20, 2018
- Indian Railways Reservation: Here’s How You Can Change Journey Date Of Booked Ticket - August 19, 2018
- IRCTC Waitlisted Ticket Rules You Should Know - August 17, 2018