Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp., or IRCTC, Indian Railways’s most popular platform to book train tickets has relaunched its website. However, to ensure there is no inconvenience to the public, IRCTC is offering train bookings on both old and new website. Mint takes you to an experiential walk through the IRCTC new website.
1. Tired of logging in or forgetting your username and password? The new IRCTC website skips the step. You can enquire or search for trains and check for availability of seats without logging in while the older version only allowed access to the registered users.
2. The new website is handy with date and time and is clear in its appearance and not cluttered with information. The clean layout gives enough space to the advertisers to portray their advertisements and IRCTC to make some bucks.
3. It gives an estimate of whether a train ticket in waiting list has the likelihood of being confirmed or not. The unique feature has been introduced by filling into an algorithm the booking data from the past 13 years. The algorithm prepared by CRIS (Centre for Railway Information Systems), gives “robust” estimates. Nearly 13 lakh train tickets are booked on the IRCTC website every day against the 10.5 lakh available berths. Read More
Latest posts by Livemint (see all)
- Power sector NPAs set to surge by ₹3 trillion as state discoms delay payments - March 24, 2019
- Oil lingers slightly under 2019 highs on OPEC’s supply cuts, US sanctions - March 22, 2019
- GSPC to sell 12 of its 21 hydrocarbon blocks to pare debt - March 22, 2019