Train 18 is India’s first revolutionary locomotive-less train, which is set to become country’s fastest train. Indian Railways plans to launch this indigenously built train on 25th December, 2018 between New Delhi and Varanasi stations and replace all the Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains. As per the latest news reports, during the trial run conducted few days back, the train crossed 180 km/hr speed limit in the Kota-Sawai Madhopur station.
Let’s know more about the launch date, features and other interesting facts about Train 18.
1) Train 18 is a completely air-conditioned train having 16 coaches.
2) The train is designed in such a manner that the passengers will be able to see the driver’s cabin. Read More
Latest posts by The Times Of India (see all)
- Compressed bio gas plants to come up in Odisha - December 15, 2018
- Household electrification under Saubhagya to be completed be completed before March deadline: R K Singh - December 14, 2018
- MahaMetro to begin underground metro work soon - December 14, 2018