Train 18 is India’s first revolutionary locomotive-less train, which is set to become country’s fastest train. Indian Railways plans to launch this indigenously built train on 25th December, 2018 between New Delhi and Varanasi stations and replace all the Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains. As per the latest news reports, during the trial run conducted few days back, the train crossed 180 km/hr speed limit in the Kota-Sawai Madhopur station.
Let’s know more about the launch date, features and other interesting facts about Train 18.
1) Train 18 is a completely air-conditioned train having 16 coaches.
2) The train is designed in such a manner that the passengers will be able to see the driver’s cabin. Read More
Latest posts by The Times Of India (see all)
- Secretariat will soon be fully solar-powered - February 16, 2019
- Kerala looks up at solar energy for its power needs - February 16, 2019
- Eastern Railway withholds final Majerhat bridge approval - February 16, 2019