The Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC) has proposed changes to the regulations passed in 2011 with regards to the procurement of energy from renewable sources.
The regulation will extend to the entire state of Karnataka and will come into effect from the date of notification via the official gazette of Karnataka. The following amendments have been made in the regulation.
Under Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO), the Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) must purchase minimum of 12 percent of its total energy procurement from renewable sources of energy. The slab has been reduced by 1 percent, with the earlier RPO being set at 13 percent.
The minimum renewable energy purchase by every distribution licensee in Karnataka has been set for 2019-20, 2020-21, and 2021-22. Read more
Latest posts by mercomindia.com (see all)
- Siemens Gamesa to Supply Turbines to Alfanar’s Two Wind Projects of 453 MW in India - August 19, 2019
- Maharashtra DISCOM’s Request to Adopt Higher Solar Tariff for 1.2 GW of Projects Rejected - August 19, 2019
- EBRD, IFC, and OPIC Provide $252 Million for a 250 MW Wind Project in Gulf of Suez - August 16, 2019