The much-awaited Kundali-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) expressway or Western Peripheral Expressway (WPE) will be thrown open by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a few hours from now.
Missing deadlines multiple times, the authorities took 15 year to complete the project. However, once opened for commuters, the expressway is expected reduce the number of trucks entering Delhi, and thus bringing down the pollution.
Here are 10 things you need to know about KMP expressway in Gurgaon:
1. It will connect National Highway-1 (towards Panipat), near Kundli, with National Highway -10 (Rohtak Road, near Bahadurgarh), NH-8 (Jaipur expressway at Manesar), and NH-2 (Delhi-Agra highway near Palwal).
2. The expressway has eight small and six big bridges, four railway over bridges and 34 underpasses. The total length of the expressway is 135km Read More
Latest posts by news18 (see all)
- Indian Transport Sector Can Become All-Electric Driven by 2030 - February 15, 2019
- Used Cooking Oil May be Made Mandatory Feedstock for Biofuel - February 13, 2019
- Biodiesel: The Future Fuel of Automobiles in India - February 8, 2019