The Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation (TSREDCO) has allocated 20 subsidised units of solar power packs to Mahbubnagar district. Revealing this, Venugopal, District Manager, TSREDCO said that solar power packs ranging from 1 to 3 kilowatt capacity have been allocated to Mahbubnagar.
According to Venugopal, the main objective of providing the subsidised solar packs was to promote the use of renewable energy sources among the general public. “At present, there is a huge burden on the conventional energy sources coal, kerosene, petrol and diesel.
Increased use of fossil fuels like coal and gas to generate thermal power is also directly impacting on our environment. Keeping all these in view, both the State and Central governments have embarked on promoting the solar energy. While they are providing 60 per cent subsidy, remaining 40 per cent has to be borne by the beneficiary,” informed Venugopal. Read More…
Latest posts by The Hans India (see all)
- Mehbooba Meets Piyush Goyal, Discusses Railway Projects – October 17, 2017
- Food Quality Fine, Says Railways After 26 People Fell Sick On Tejas Express – October 17, 2017
- Train Services Affected In Ne Due To ‘Rail Roko’ Agitation – October 10, 2017