State-run NTPC has asked solar power developers pre-qualified for a 2,000 MW tender it floated earlier this year to submit additional tariffs reflecting the impact of safeguard duty.
Developers asked NTPC on Monday to clarify whether they would be allowed to pass on the incremental tariff because of the safeguard duty to discoms, failing which, they demanded the tender to be scrapped, people aware of developments said.
The tender was oversubscribed by over 4,000 MW, with Softbank-led SBG Cleantech bidding for the entire 2,000 MW capacity tendered. Leading renewable energy players including ReNew Power, ACME Solar, Hero Future Energies, Avaada Power and Adani Green Energy were among the 14 players who submitted technical, along with price bids, for the tender last month.
Representatives from the companies which participated in the tender met NTPC officials individually on Monday. Following this, NTPC on Wednesday asked developers to send additional tariffs by August 13, a person directly aware of developments told ET. Read More
Latest posts by The Economic Times (see all)
- Coal-to-Gas Route Vital To Power India - February 19, 2019
- JSL Lifestyle launches first dedicated facility for Railways - February 18, 2019
- REC acquisition not to have negative impact on PFC financials: Rajeev Sharma - February 18, 2019