A few days back, news has it that the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will stop providing travel insurance for free to its passengers from September 1, 2018.
While not many care about travel insurance at all (free or paid), it is an essential thing that one must focus on. There is absolutely no harm in taking travel insurance; in fact, there are myriad benefits if you opt for it.
If you did not know of it yet, this is why you must opt for train travel insurance.
Benefits of train travel insurance
1) The first and foremost benefit you have is that travel insurance gives you coverage upto INR 10 lakh in case of a train accident (for death or any permanent disability caused).
2) In case of permanent disability, one gets an insurance cover of INR 7.5 lakh. This is addition to INR 2 lakh hospitalisation expenses.
3) The insurance is applicable in case of loot, robbery, and accidents. Read More
Latest posts by The Times Of India (see all)
- High-speed trains to replace Shatabdi and Rajdhani Express - November 16, 2018
- IRCTC’s latest offering ‘Splendors of Deccan’ to run on rails from Dec 2 - November 16, 2018
- Hyderabad Metro reaches 30-million ridership - November 16, 2018