* PetroChina brought in to China the first cargo of its equity crude oil production from sub-salt Ribera project in Brazil, according to a report on Thursday by parent company CNPC.
* The 44,000-tonne shipment arrived at northeast Chinese port of Dalian earlier this week after a 48-day voyage
* PetroChina owns a 10-percent stake at the Ribera project, which started its first production last November. The new Brazilian oil will be processed at PetroChina’s subsidiary refineries at Jinzhou and Jinxi cities in Liaoning province
* China’s imports of Brazilian crude were up nearly 40 percent in the first quarter this year compared with a year-ago period, official Chinese customs data showed, making the South American producer China’s No.5 supplier. Read More
Latest posts by ET Energy World (see all)
- U.S. judge blocks Atlantic seismic oil permitting during shutdown - January 19, 2019
- Meghalaya authorities express ‘inability’ to evacuate trapped miners - January 19, 2019
- They find way to recover electricity from ‘wasted’ heat - January 19, 2019