1. Minister of State (I/C) Petroleum & Natural Gas Sh Dharmendra Pradhan met the newly appointed US Energy Secretary Mr Rick Perry in Washington today . This was the first Minister level interaction between India and US under the new administration.
2. Ministers Pradhan and Secretary Perry discussed energy cooperation between India and the US , India ‘s growing energy needs and the export of LNG to India from early 2018. Indian investment in LNG and Shale sector in the US were also discussed.
3. Sh. Pradhan ‘s visit was part of his three-city visit during which he also travelled to Boston and Houstan . He attended the CERA Week in Houstan where he announced the new bidding round in India is prosperous market under strong leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Sh Narendra Modi and welcomed investment in oil sector in India.
4. On the marginns of CERA Week , the Minister met his counterpart Ministers from Saudi Arabia, Russia , Sri Lanka Canada and CEO of ADNOC ( State company of UAE). He also met several industry leaders and experts like Bob Dudley (CEO,BP) and Faith Birol( Executive Director , IEAi. He also met Governor of Texas Mr Greg Abbott.
5. During his visit to Boston , Sh Pradhan addressed students and faculty of three leading academic instututions , namely MIT, Harvard Kennedy School and Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University . In MIT he had a meeting with Prof Ernest Muniz, former US Energy Secretary.
6. Sh Pradhan also met Indian Community at both Boston and Houston including with Scientists of Indian origin. ONGC and Oil India have already started engaging Indian origin oil scientists and during this visit Oil India signed a MoU with Houston University to work on CO2 injection technology to enhance production in Assam.
Latest posts by Team EnergyInfraPost (see all)
- Pace Of Village Electrification, 13,872 Out of 18,452 Villages Electrified Till 30th June 2017 – July 25, 2017
- Essar Projects Commissions Coke Drum Structure Packages For BPCL’s Kochi Refinery – July 24, 2017
- Global Crude Oil Price of Indian Basket Was US$ 48.10 per bbl on 21.07.2017 – July 24, 2017