The Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission (RERC) has issued a draft order inviting suggestions and comments for to determine pre-fixed levelized tariff and the rate of purchase of excess electricity by the distribution companies (DISCOMs) under the government’s KUSUM program that aims to solarize India’s agriculture. The last date for expressing views and suggestions is September 23, 2019.
The draft order pertains to component A and C of the KUSUM program. The program has been divided into three components and aims to add a solar capacity of 25,750 MW by 2022.
- Component A under the program includes the installation of 10,000 MW of decentralized ground-mounted and grid-connected renewable power projects.
- Component B will be the installation of 1.75 million standalone solar-powered agriculture pumps.
- Component C is solarization of 1 million grid-connected solar-powered agriculture pumps. Read more
Latest posts by mercomindia.com (see all)
- India’s DISCOM Ratings Show Signs of Improvement on Paper - October 15, 2019
- Uttar Pradesh and SECI Finalize PSA for 750 MW of Solar at a Tariff of ₹2.55/kWh - October 14, 2019
- Maharashtra To Launch Renewable Energy Deviation Settlement Regulations from Jan 2020 - October 10, 2019