Reliance Industries (RIL), India’s most profitable company, has prepared a blueprint for its oil-to-chemical (O2C) play as it advances the negotiations with strategic investor Saudi Aramco to sell strategic stake in the business. According to the plan, RIL wants to convert 70 per cent of its output from Jamnagar refinery and petrochemical complex to chemicals. At present, the complex produces 90 per cent fuels – primarily petrol, diesel, naphtha, kerosene and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) – and the rest 10 per cent chemicals.
“The ultimate goal is to achieve over 70 per cent conversion of the crude, which is refined in RIL’s twin refineries in Jamnagar, to high-margin chemical building blocks of olefins and aromatics,” said company sources. The present petrochemicals production includes polymers, polyesters, fiber intermediates, aromatics, elastomers and composites solutions. Read More
Latest posts by businesstoday.in (see all)
- IOC, GAIL signed Rs 46,500 crore use or pay contract with Adani without tender, alleges Trinamul’s Mahua Moitra - December 11, 2019
- Will the subdued IPO hurt Saudi Aramco’s investment plans in India? - December 10, 2019
- Gail India offers up to 10 LNG cargoes for loading from US: report - December 5, 2019