Saudi Arabia said on Tuesday its oil output would be back to normal by the end of the month, with half the production lost in weekend attacks on two key facilities already restored.
Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman, who was only appointed to the role earlier this month, said that the world’s top energy exporter had dipped into its strategic reserves to maintain supply to clients.
“I have good news for you… the oil output to international markets is back to what it was before the attack,” he said.
“During the past two days the damage was contained and 50 percent of the production has been recovered,” he added.
Latest posts by The Hindustan Times (see all)
- Energy minister orders special audit of financial transactions of all discoms - October 17, 2019
- Three trapped in coal mine in Bengal’s Kulti, rescue operation underway - October 14, 2019
- UPERC proposes compensation for poor service by discoms - October 12, 2019