Solar auctions would be “dragged further” amid uncertainty about imposition of 70 per cent safeguard duty on solar equipment and concerns among developers over grant of inter-state transmission system (ISTS), according to industry sources.
Last month, state-run power giant NTPC had deferred auction of 2,000 MW of solar capacity to the first week of June from May 21. The company, however, did not go ahead with this auction even in the first week of this month.
“The issue related to grant of connectivity through inter-state transmission system has not been resolved so far and discussion with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) is still on. Besides, there is uncertainty over 70 per cent safeguard duty under consideration of the government. Therefore, solar auctions would be dragged further,” an industry source said. Read More
Latest posts by The Economic Times (PTI) (see all)
- SAIL Says Regularly Developing High-quality Products - October 17, 2018
- Festival Rush: Railways To Ferry Around 16 Crores Passengers In The Next 30 Days - October 17, 2018
- Dharmendra Pradhan Says Government Does Not Interfere In Fuel Pricing - October 17, 2018