* There are adequate oil supplies in the market to compensate for lost oil imports from Iran, Indian oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan said in New Delhi on Tuesday.
* India halted imports from Iran after the United States’ May withdrawal of exemptions that allowed eight nations, including India, to import crude from Iran despite sanctions against the Middle East producer.
* The minister also said the government has asked Gail (India) Ltd , India’s biggest natural gas utility, to form a plan to separate its gas marketing and transmission business.
* Pradhan said that India’s diesel demand will continue to rise despite increasing numbers of electric vehicles. Read More
Latest posts by ET Energy World (see all)
- Govt’s pollution control devices for coal-fired power plants can also boost CO2 emissions: Report - December 9, 2019
- India can generate 18,000 Megawatt renewable energy using biomass: Power minister R K Singh - December 9, 2019
- Independent power producers allowed to use Coal India supplies across plants - December 9, 2019