As the Summer holidays have already begun in India and people are venturing out on vacations, Indian Railways with an aim to facilitate smooth travel to its commuters has announced several initiatives on Friday, Zee Business channel reported.
According to Zee Business channel report, for the passengers on waiting list Indian Railways will provide the option of accommodation in any other train without payment of any difference of fare or grant of refund thereon under VIKALP scheme.
Passengers can also avail this facility of accommodation for e-tickets booked prior to April 1 this year.
Moreover, passengers can also cancel tickets booked across reserved ticket booking window through Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) website or by calling the Indian Railway’s enquiry number 139.
Here are seven key initiatives Indian Railways has taken this Summer:
1. Finalisation of first reservation chart at least four hours before the scheduled departure of the train
2. After preparation of first reservation chart, current ticket booking facility provided through any reserved ticket booking window as well as on internet till preparation of second reservation chart
3. Transfer of vacant available accommodation after preparation of second reservation chart to next remote location
4. In case of e-tickets, boarding points can be changed through IRCTC website at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train
Credit By: Zee biz
Latest posts by zeebiz (see all)
- Indian Railways Likely To Stop Providing Blankets In Ac Coaches – July 27, 2017
- Oil Could Hit $60 Before Year-end -barron’s, Citing Citi Analyst – July 10, 2017
- Petrol, Diesel Prices For July 7, 2017: We Tell You City-Wise Rates – July 7, 2017