IRCTC’s tatkal services can be availed exactly one day before the day of travel. It means that if you want to travel on August 30, you have to book tickets on August 29. However, the time for booking tickets for different classes is different. AC Tatkal ticket booking starts from 10 AM. At the same time, the booking time for non-AC tickets is from 11 am. If there is a change in the last moment from the railway, under certain conditions, you can claim for 100% return of the ticket amount. If you are travelling on an online ticket, then you need to keep the photo ID card with you. This rule also applies on Tatkal tickets.
Apart from these, there are some more important rules regarding tatkal services of IRCTC:
1. Tatkal services are not available for AC First Class and Second Seating.
2. There is no benefit of any other quota on Tatkal tickets.
3. There is also no discount on Tatkal tickets. Read More
Latest posts by indiatvnews (see all)
- Delhi to Howrah in 12 hrs: SPECIAL rail tracks to be laid, Piyush Goyal makes BIG announcement - August 16, 2019
- Tatkal ticket booking in trains: IRCTC rules you must know - August 13, 2019
- IN PICS: Attari Railway Station wears deserted look after India cancels Samjhauta Express operations - August 12, 2019