Ticketless passengers beware! In the month of October 2019, the Central Railway zone has earned a sum of Rs 22.87 crore as against Rs 13.42 crore in the month of October 2018, which is an increase of 70.32 per cent. The zone and its senior officials are monitoring the revenue changes due to the ticketless travel and other such irregularities on the network. The details of the increase in earnings and revenue made by the Central Railway zone, through checking of ticketless and irregular travel are as follows:
- According to a press release issued by the Central Railways, during the month of October 2019, as many as 4.25 lakh cases of ticketless and irregular travel including the ones of unbooked luggage were detected, as against 2.80 lakh cases in the month of October 2018. This shows an increase of 51.84 per cent.
- During the period of April to October 2019, a total of 24.04 lakh cases of ticketless and irregular travel, including unbooked luggage cases were detected, as against 20.81 lakh cases in the same period last year. This shows an increase of 15.54 per cent in the cases being reported. Read More
Latest posts by Financial Express (see all)
- NCL open to upgrade FSAs with power plants - December 14, 2019
- Fix Ujjwala: CAG audit points out problems, Aadhaar and third-party apps can fix - December 14, 2019
- Electric vehicle market in India projected to grow 36% annually till 2026! - December 13, 2019