98.8% villages in Bihar have been provided electricity connection by July this year. The remaining 1.2% villages would be covered by December, 2017. Thus, Bihar will achieve the target of providing electricity connection in its all 39,073 villages in next five months.
At a review meeting of energy department here on Saturday, CM Nitish Kumar was informed by the officials that of total 39,073 villages in the state; 38,596 (98.8%) have already been provided electricity connection by end of July this year.
Expressing satisfaction over the achievement, CM asked the official to ensure reach of electricity in the rest 477 villages by the end of coming December. “Energy department officers have given a firm commitment to the CM to achieve the task,” State’s chief secretary Anjani Kumar Singh said while informing media about the CM’s review meeting.
Singh also informed that there are 1, 06,218 habitations (Tola) in Bihar. Of them, 82,040 (77%) have already been provided electricity connection. The rest 23% habitations would be provided electricity by end of the coming December.
During the review meeting, it was also decided that solar power plants would be set up on the lands acquired for the proposed thermal power plants at Kajra (Lakhisarai) and Pirpanti (Bhagalpur). Officials informed the CM that around 1000 acres of land are available on the site of each proposed thermal power plants. As the solar plants are more viable, CM asked the officials to take necessary steps for setting up solar plants on the vacant lands.
To a question, chief secretary said the state government itself would not set up solar plants. The officials have been asked to prepare project for inviting private players to set up solar power plants.
CM also asked the officials to ensure periodic replacement of old electric wires on the 11 KV and low tension (LT) transmission lines to ensure supply of quality power to subscribers. He also asked the officials to ensure correct and timely billing to consumers.
Reviewing the ‘Har Ghar Bijali’ programme under the Mukhyamantri Vidyut Sambandh Nischay Yojna, CM asked the power engineers to install meter in all those houses which are still availing electricity without a valid meter. He also ordered for shifting the electricity meter outside the house and fixing a neutral wire with each connection to ensure supply of quality power to consumers.
Latest posts by The Times Of India (see all)
- Railway Station Platform Kanjurnarg – August 19, 2017
- Crude Oil Shipment Opens New Vistas In India-US Relationship – August 17, 2017
- Mumbai: Railway Clerk Swipes Card For Rs 1.3 Lakh Instead Of Rs 1,333 – August 16, 2017