Gorkha Janmukti Morcha’s (GJM) indefinite strike took an ugly turn last night after agitated protesters torched a railway station, a police outpost and other vehicles following a police raid on party chief Bimal Gurung’s house in Darjeeling district.
Here are major updates on the issue:
- According to the reports of leading news agency IANS, the Gayabari station of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a state transport bus and several vehicles – including one belonging to a media house – were set on fire by the protestors, hours before the GJM called an indefinite general strike in the hills encompassing Darjeeling and Kalimpong districts, and the Dooars (foothills of the Himalayas covering stretches of Jalpaiguri and Alipurduar districts).
- Meanwhile, the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has hit out at intelligence for its failure to tame the ongoing unrest in the hills. Read More…
Credit By : India
Latest posts by India (see all)
- JSWGroup Explores Investment Opportunities In Macedonia - March 18, 2018
- UPA Govt Left 450 Railway Projects Incomplete: Goyal - March 18, 2018
- Piyush Goyal Lauds Modi Govt For MP’s Developments - March 18, 2018