Essar Projects, a leading EPC (Engineering Procurement & Construction) company, today announced that it has won a Rs 300-crore contract from IFFCO (Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative). This is its fourth major contract from the Indian fertiliser industry giant.
The latest project entails the construction of a new Phospho Gypsum Stack at IFFCO’s Paradip unit in Odisha, which is India’s largest phosphatic fertiliser complex.
The project has two phases: Phase I, which is valued at about Rs 190 crore, involves completion of approximately 60% of the total construction and must be completed in 20 months. The second phase involves construction of the remaining 40% and will have to be completed in 10 months.
Until date, the company has, completed three major projects for IFFCO Paradip, handing them over well ahead of the scheduled date of completion.
“The fact that this is our fourth major back-to-back project with IFFCO, is a reflection of the customer’s confidence in our capabilities. We are pleased to say that we have already delivered some key works of the current contract that had to be completed before the onset of the monsoon,” said AV Amarnath, COO, Essar Projects.
Essar Projects’ previous contracts for IFFCO includes construction and commissioning of 2 x 2500 MT DAP / NAP silo, revamping of an existing sulphur silo, and EPC & commissioning of the 8th evaporator system of the Phosphoric Acid Plant (PAP) at the IFFCO Paradip complex.
Essar Projects has a proven track record of building mega projects in the fertiliser sector. It has the distinction of executing India’s first Greenfield fertiliser project in recent times, the Matix Fertilizers plant, in Durgapur, West Bengal. The Matix Fertilizers complex is also the largest integrated fertiliser plant in India.
About Essar Projects
Essar Projects is a leading EPC (Engineering Procurement & Construction) company that offers a collaborative end-to-end project delivery model, which is backward integrated into the supply chain and forward integrated into customer needs. The company has over four decades of experience in executing mega projects in sectors such as Hydrocarbons (Refinery, Petrochemical & Fertiliser Plants); Tankages and Terminals; Pipelines (Oil & Gas, Water, Slurry and Subsea); Offshore (Platforms, SPM & PLEM); Infrastructure (Ports, Jetties, Airports, Railway, Buildings & Townships); Minerals & Metals (Steel Plants, Sinter Feed, Beneficiation & Pelletisation Plants, and Material Handling Systems); and Power Plants (Coal, Gas, Multi-fuel and Hydel).
Essar Projects’ active involvement in initial operations and maintenance, through the stabilisation phase of world-class manufacturing units of a wide range of Essar businesses, has helped in honing its expertise, adding O&M experience in the execution of turnkey projects.Essar Projects is therefore able to extend its EPC offering from concept to commissioning and beyond. Assisting in this is an in-house multidisciplinary Engineering & Project Management division, as well as a Procurement division with strong vendor networks. The company owns a state-of-the-art fabrication facility and a large bank of construction equipment.
Latest posts by Team EnergyInfraPost (see all)
- Global Crude Oil Price Of Indian Basket Was US$ 55.51 Per Bbl On 21.09.2017 – September 22, 2017
- Yet Another Milestone, Power Grid Corporation Successfully Completes Champ-Kurukshetra HVDC System – September 22, 2017
- Canada Discusses Uranium And Nuclear Energy Collaboration With India – September 21, 2017